While the rising temperatures scorch city-dwellers in nearby Phoenix and Tucson, the charming mountain village of Greer, Arizona, boasts cool temps—averaging around 80 degrees all summer long!
Down in the desert folks avoid being outdoors at all costs all summer long, but our little slice of paradise in Arizona’s White Mountains offers a variety of relaxing outdoor activities for all types of folks! Here are five of our favorite reasons to Get Your Greer On ™ this summer:
1. Explore the White Mountains on foot or on horseback! Inhale the Ponderosa pines, listen to the babble of the rivers and streams, and take in some of the country’s most beautiful hiking and horseback riding trails!
2. Pack a late-night snack and a cozy blanket and head to Greer Meadow for some seriously AMAZING star gazing! Ahhh, summer nights!
3. Roll up your sleeves and try your luck! We’ve got everything from poker and bingo nights, to horseshoe tournaments, karaoke contests,chili cook-off’s and more! Click here for the full schedule…
4. GO FISH! Spend an afternoon enjoying the beauty of nature while fishing in the cool waters of the Little Colorado River or in many of our abundant streams, lakes and ponds.
5. Ride your bicycles through the village and stop in at one of the charming shops along Main Street for a keepsake and mouth-watering ice cream cone!
But there’s SO MUCH MORE! Don’t just take our word for it! Check out this video to experience Greer in all of its summer glory!